Experience CLC Info
This isn’t your typical campus-days event! Experience CLC is a 3-day showcase that hosts dozens of young adults from all over the world as they come to experience life as a CLC student. Through dynamic teaching and powerful times of worship, you will be impacted and challenged to live a life of focused devotion to God. From academic-centered presentations and creative labs, to community outreach and team building, you will be inspired to dream like never before. Register today!
May 25-28 / $35 covers housing & meals / Limited availability
What is CLC?
WHAT IS CLC & IS IT RIGHT FOR YOU?
Crossroads Leadership College’s core mission is “To know God and make Him known”. It is our desire to raise-up a generation of world changers who are wholly devoted to the cause of Christ.
CLC is a nine month program of intense discipleship where students are adequately equipped in all areas of ministry and have developed leadership skills. They are trained to reach a world with the Word of God as their foundation, prayer as their passion, and to have a love for all people that is shown through their uncompromising evangelism. Whether you are planning to enter into full-time ministry or the marketplace, if you desire to deeply enhance your relationship with Christ, and want to experience ministry in its highest form, then CLC is for you!
At CLC we work with and guide students to develop their leadership potential. We believe the best leaders are followers of Christ. Our goal is to challenge our students to influence people to embrace Christ and their purpose in Him, to pursue His vision for their life, and to then lead others to do the same. Therefore, we embrace practical training designed to equip students with life and leadership skills. Our desire is to give each student a “world-changer” perspective that is carried into every area of life.
Relationships are essential to the development of a disciple of Jesus Christ. The only way to know someone is to spend time with them, hearing their voice, seeing their heart, and watching their actions. This is why we emphasize relationship guidelines in the areas of integrity, self-discipline, servanthood, community living, and accountability to God and others.
We maintain a weekly schedule for the purpose of growing, stretching, and developing students into the man or woman of God that they are purposed to be. Day to day schedules will include activities such as: morning prayer, hands-on ministry training, sessions with guest speakers and/or staff, local urban ministry, personal academics, insightful classroom time, chapels that are designed with students in mind, and bi-vocational ministry opportunities.
Personal Development PARALLAX
CLC offers life skill lessons regularly; teaching information that students can use in their present lives and in their future, regardless of where God may take them. These classes explore topics ranging from budgeting, to preparing balanced meals, to vehicle maintenance. These practical and exciting classes help students to live the fruitful and powerful life God has intended for them as a Christ follower.
CLC students have the opportunity to travel across the country preaching the Gospel and reaching out on various school campuses. Through relevant worship, drama, dance, theater, and communication, God has used CLC students to reach tens of thousands for Christ. Our students also have opportunities to pour into families in the Lafayette community by presenting the Bible to children in low-income areas, loving on the elderly in nursing homes, and serving the homeless in our community. CLC students are trained to seek mission opportunities everywhere they go.
Local Missions PARALLAX
CLC students are given the opportunity to partner with seasoned missionaries in countries like Romania, Kenya, and El Salvador. They get to learn first-hand what it’s like to work in a cross-cultural environment, seeing the Spirit of God move among every tribe and tongue. Students get the opportunity to experience pre-mission training, hands-on learning with missionaries, and post-mission follow-up that teaches them how to apply those cross-cultural lessons in their own backyards.
Foreign Missions PARALLAX
Pastors Bud & Yo Plake
- AboutPastor Bud started out in ministry as a singer-songwriter in the early 80’s Christian rock band, “Brother Brother”. After landing a major record deal, their music quickly went viral, placing them on a national stage that would impact the lives of thousands of young people with the Gospel. After a decade of extensive touring, God began to burden Pastor Bud’s heart for the local church. From volunteering as a Youth Pastor, to eventually being elected as Lead Pastor, Pastor Bud completed his pastoral studies and was ordained as a licensed minister with the Assemblies of God in 2001. For the next 17 years, Pastor Bud served faithfully as Lead Pastor of The Freedom Church, and it was during this time that he and his wife, Yo, grew Freedom Church from a single congregation of 60 members to a church of 1,000 with 3 additional locations. For the past 3 years, Pastor Bud also worked with the Assemblies of God Louisiana District as the head of Church Planting and had the opportunity to train,coach, and help many pastors to further the reach of the local church. With a heart to pastor and disciple next-gen leaders, Pastor Bud and Yo made the transition to Lafayette in 2016 to join the CLC family, where we are ecstatic to have them, and look forward with great anticipation for what this next season holds.
- AboutIn 2005, Paul moved to Lafayette, Louisiana from Los Angeles, California to join the CLC family. Ever since ’09 he has been challenging, equipping, and leading students. Paul and his wife, fellow alumna, Michelle, have been a tremendous support system for the whole student body. Simply put; Paul’s greatest joy is seeing people succeed. One of his primary roles is men’s discipleship. Regularly Paul is encouraging and challenging men of CLC to be the men God intended them to be. Paul enjoys rooting for the 49ers and the LSU tigers while his wife, Michelle enjoys being a mom, teaching dance, and spending quality time with friends.
Creative Director, Staff Evangelist
- AboutAfter a decade in Dallas TX, Curvine, his wife Candace, and their 3 children moved to Lafayette, where he currently oversees the Creative Institute at CLC. For the past 10 years, Curvine has traveled extensively and abroad as a multi-generational communicator and hip hop artist. He has a soft spot in his heart for creative individuals, and desires not only to help cultivate their gifting, but to also see them grow in character. Together with Candace, his childhood friend and wife, this couple is extremely invested in the lives of young adults, especially those in serious relationships. Curvine is most passionate about overlooked people, making music, creative filmmaking, and cuisine. Candace enjoys good coffee, traveling, and goofing around with Curvine and their 3 beautiful children- Lyric, Legend, and Lion.
- AboutPeter is originally from Conway, New Hampshire and is CLC alumni. As much as Peter loves corporate worship gatherings, he is most passionate about personal and intimate moments with God. His driving passion is for young people to truly understand what true worship looks like, which is why he has dedicated his life to discipling next-gen leaders, and helping to refine their God-given gifts and talents. In addition to serving at CLC, Peter also teaches voice and piano lessons at a local music academy, and recently got engaged to a fellow CLC alumna.
- AboutCourtney, who is married to Jared, and the mother of two beautiful sons, Pierson and Reid, is an amazing asset and blessing to CLC. After working as a business manager for thirteen years, during which time earning a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, her vocation transitioned to higher education administration. After working at a local university, God directed her to the call of ministry at CLC. She enjoys using the experiences given to her to support the CLC program, directors, staff, andstudents. Oddly, her favorite snack is a Doritos and mayonnaise sandwich.
- AboutOriginally from Lake Charles, Louisiana, Molly moved to Lafayette to join the CLC mission. Now as an alumna of CLC, Molly serves as CLC’s Academic Administrator. Molly encourages and aids students in their spiritual and academic endeavors through multiple outlets offered through CLC. She is passionate about finding ways to further equip people to carry out the calling that they recognize God has placed on their lives. Molly is most enthusiastic about all things travel and cinematic,especially when the two are combined.
- AboutJessi moved from Natchez, Mississippi to attend CLC in 2014 and has since graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Worship Arts. Jessi currently serves on staff as the Ladies Residential Aid, where she teaches and trains our femalestudents through practical, yet intentional, day-to-day interaction. Jessi’s heart is to see a generation awakened to the power of God, and living out a sincere lifestyle of worship. In her free time, Jessi enjoys playing ultimate Frisbee, and eating ice cream while watching movies.
- AboutWith aspirations of merging the worlds of ministry and modern medicine, Cesar left the beautiful beaches of Fort Myers, Florida to join the CLC family in 2013. After 2 years of devout study and discipleship, Cesar graduated May of 2015, and went on to complete a third year CLC internship. Cesar now serves as the Men’s Residential Aid. Outside of CLC, Cesar also oversees Crossroad Church’s young adult gathering, Connect, and has hopes of one day planting churches on a global level. His hobbies include photography, traveling, and graphic design.
- AboutIf you have ever called our offices concerning enrollment and were greeted with a memorable, and hospitable southern drawl, then chances are you spoke with the well-dressed Aaron Manea. Born in Daphne, Alabama, Aaron came to CLC in 2014 where he discovered a deep burden for the people of Latin America. It was 2 years later when Aaron graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Foreign Missions. Aaron currently serves in the arena of Recruitment and Admissions, and spends countless hours on the phone conversing, praying with, and helping prospective students navigate through the process of answering God’s call upon their lives. Aaron enjoys meeting new people, long conversations, and cooking his favorite dish, homemade alfredo.
We believe that what God does in a person is ten thousand times more important than what He does through them. As a result we take time to focus more on the personal discipleship of each individual student. We also understand that not everyone desires to go into full-time ministry. However, we do value and stress the importance of academics. This can be seen in the higher education opportunities we offer through West Coast Bible College and Seminary and Berean School of the Bible.
West Coast Bible College & Seminary
CLC partners with West Coast Bible College and Seminary, enabling our students to achieve an Associate’s Degree in just one year or a Bachelor’s Degree in only two years in the following fields:
- Associate Degree
- General Ministries
- Bachelor Degrees
- Biblical Counseling
- Biblical Counseling (Eating Disorder Specialization)
- Church Business Administration
- General Ministries
- Missions Degree
- Worship Arts
- Youth Ministries
Though a personal computer is not required it is highly recommended specifically for the academic side of the program, as it is a convenience when we are traveling throughout the year. Students without a personal computer are given complete access to our study center equipped with computers for individual use. We work with students on an individual basis if needed to ensure all assignments are completed.
Berean School of the Bible
Berean School of the Bible (BSB) is CLC’s adult continuing education program. As such, BSB courses do not earn college credit but do earn continuing education units. BSB offers ministry training designed to prepare you to fill a church leadership role and to help you fulfill the call of God on your life. BSB has pioneered distance education for A/G ministerial credentials since 1948 and has trained Assemblies of God ministers for over six decades. Over 1,500 BSB study groups across America have brought ministerial training to their local communities. Students receive 100% uniformity and consistency in course delivery both online and offline. So whether you are looking to fulfill your AG credentialed education requirements or to enrich your life, our BSB program is ideal for you.
For those who sense a call and desire to serve in ministry, we will assist in the process of becoming a credentialed minister through the Assemblies of God organization. With these credentials one would be authorized to perform marriages and funerals, as well as have the qualifications that many churches require for executive leadership roles.
Public Speaking & Creative Communication
PUBLIC SPEAKING & CREATIVE COMMUNICATION
Not only will students be taught and trained in the arena of effective communication, but every year students will have multiple opportunities to speak in a public forum. From public schools and secular universities, to local churches and large conferences, students will be coached and given audience to a variety of people groups on topics that they construct and communicate themselves.
Public Speaking PARALLAX
Ministry Practicums & Marketplace Ministry
MINISTRY PRACTICUMS & MARKETPLACE MINISTRY
Many of our sessions are center around how to develop your relationship with God through learning how to fully understand all that His word is saying. Our students are trained by seasoned ministers on the “how-to’s” and “why’s” of ministry. Whether a student decides, post graduation, to pursue full-time ministry, or to take on a career in the secular marketplace, their training in CLC will challenge them to view their environment as a mission field that they have been equipped and called to impact by the power of God.
Scripture Memory & Biblical Fundamentals
SCRIPTURE MEMORY & BIBLICAL FUNDAMENTALS
Psalms 119:11 says to “hide God’s word in your heart, so you will not sin against Him.” While in CLC students learn hundreds of Scriptures that give depth and insight into God’s heart and His will for their lives. We also believe in reading the Bible daily. During your time at CLC God’s word will come alive to you like never before as you search out His heart. Many times people read God’s word out of obligation, but not out of a passion to know Him. That passion will be discovered as you learn how to apply His principles throughout your life.
Led by hip hop artist and evangelist, Curvine Brewington, this institute was built for those who think and live outside of the box. Songwriters, dancers, artists, poets, illusionists, and comedians are just a few of the talents represented within this group. Students will learn to communicate relevant and timely truth in a format that is unique, engaging and memorable.
Led by Pastors Marty and Anna Hoey, students in this ministry institute will gain first class teaching and hands-on training at one of the largest children’s ministries in Lower Acadiana. Students will in the children’s ministry of Crossroads Church, where they will engage children ages 4-11 on a weekly basis through fun and energetic worship and teaching.
Led by the Executive Media Team of Crossroads Church, students in the Media Institute will be thoroughly trained in the implementation of sound, lighting, and film. As a creatively progressive church, students will have multiple opportunities to be apart of the various productions and thematic presentations built throughout the year. Training will include live film, storyboarding, video editing, sound engineering, and more.
Led by CLC Worship Director, Peter Samuels, this institute exists to train those who have a passion for worship to not only serve in a corporate worship setting, but to also live a lifestyle of worship. Students will be taught fundamentals of musical composition in addition to how to facilitate moments in which God’s presence is tangible and evident.
Led by Pastor Beau Dore, Exchange Student Ministries sees over 200 students a week come through their doors to encounter the presence of God. Students in this institute will learn how to prepare a sermon, build a series, plan and execute large events, and so much more. The Exchange also focuses heavily on discipleship, therefore institute students are trained in how to coach and cultivate spiritual growth in the lives of young students.
Led by Crossroads Outreach Director, Robin Price, this institute is built for students with a heart for global and local outreach. From her extensive time spent as a missionary in Uganda, Robin’s real-world experience on the field translates into seasoned instruction, and hands on training in both classroom and cross-cultural ministry contexts. In addition to experiencing God’s heart for the nations, students will also learn how to organize an outreach event, lead a mission trip, raise financial support, and other practical skill-sets.
Student Life Background
Nationally named “The Happiest City in America” by USA Today and other notable publications, there is just something about Lafayette that makes you want to smile. From the friendly atmosphere and rich culture, to the spring festivals and amazing food, many students find it hard to leave upon graduating. Coined as “The Heart of Cajun Country”, Lafayette offers students a diverse community in which family, fun, and good food are celebrated. Hundreds of vibrant and independently owned cafes, restaurants, & boutiques boast of a rich heritage that can only be found in Southern Louisiana.
Home and spiritual covering to CLC, Crossroads Church is a healthy, progressive church that has been established for over 50 years, with thousands of people in attendance each week. Noted for being one of the most culturally diverse churches in Southern Louisiana, Crossroads Church is led by Pastor Jeff Ables. Pastor Jeff and his wife, Donna, served 8 years as the youth pastors (1986-1994), and then returned in 1999 to serve as lead pastors. Since then, Crossroads has more than tripled in size and has become the largest Assemblies of God church in the state of Louisiana. Crossroads Church is located in the heart of Cajun country in Lafayette, Louisiana. To find out more, visit their official website.
Crossroads Leadership College students will reside in the Crossroads Church- owned and operated Fairway Apartments. Apartments are fully furnished, safe, and located right on the campus of Crossroads Church.
Death To Chains
DEATH TO CHAINS
Death To Chains Info
Death to Chains is a hip hop-infused cinematic production birthed out of the vision of hip hop artist Curvine, and his wife Candace. Now in partnership with Crossroads Leadership College, this campaign is expected to make unprecedented impact in the fight against human trafficking. Utilizing contemporary dance, live hip hop, and beautiful cinematography, this theatrical narrative will unveil the life of a young girl entangled in the web of slavery. Shocking, yet inspirational, the production cast (completely comprised of CLC students) paints a picture that convicts the heart and challenges the soul to take a stand against injustice.